© 2009 г Yu Lu*, Zuochun Shen*, Yanzhou Zhou**
* National Key Laboratory of Tunable Laser Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, P. R. China
** Faculty of automation, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, P. R. China
It is necessary to analyze the spectral distribution of sun light on focal spot, because the spectrum at the focusing spot is different with the solar spectrum, as is proved by experiment. The spectral spatial distribution on the focal plane is consistent; therefore it can be used for calculating absorption efficiency of any shape laser medium pumped by Fresnel lens. Based on the absorption spectrum of Cr/Nd:YAG ceramic, this paper studies the convex Fresnel lens focus solar light. Meanwhile, Fresnel lens for the purpose of image projection is contrasted with highly concentrating Fresnel lens. By way of simulation, the maximum absorbing power density of 6 designs, based on the purpose of obtaining the maximum power density, is 279.2W/cm2, which is 3-16% higher than absorbing power density based on the purpose of image projection.
Key words: Fresnel lens, spectral distribution, Cr/Nd:YAG ceramic.
OCIS codes: 140.3070, 140.3380, 140.5680.
1. T. Yabe, T. Ohkubo, S. Uchida, K. Yoshida, M. Nakatsuka, T. Funatsu, A. Mabuti, A. Oyama, K. Nakagawa, T. Oishi, K. Daito, B. Bagheri, Y. Nakayama, M. Yoshida, S. Motokoshi, Y. Sato, and C. Baasandash. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2007. V. 90. P. 261120.
2. Tomomasa Ohkubo, Takashi Yabe, Kunio Yoshida, Shigeaki Uchida, Takayuki Funatsu, Behgol Bagheri, Takehiro Oishi, Kazuya Daito, Manabu Ishioka, Yuichirou Nakayama, Norihito Yasunaga, Kouichirou Kido, Yuji Sato, Choijil Baasandash, Kiyoshi Kato, Takagimi Yanagitani, and Yoshiaki Okamoto, Solar-pumped 80 W laser irradiated by a Fresnel lens, Opt. Lett. 2009. V. 34. P. 175-177.
3. D. W. Michael, R. J. J. Robert. Fresenl lens Solar Concentrator Design Based on Geometric Optics and Blackbody Radiation Equation. SPIE 3781. 1999. P. 85-93.
4. N.Yeh, Optical geometry approach for computerized design of Fresnel lens solar concentrator. Mingdao Journal. 2007. 3(1). P. 33-50.
5. H.Yagi, T.Yanagitani, H.Yoshida, M.Nakatsuka, K. Ueda, The optical properties and laser characteristics of Cr3+ and Nd3+ co-doped Y3A150 12 ceramics, Opics&Laser Technology. 2007 (39). P. 1295-1300.
6. Zuo Chun Shen, Yu Lu and Jian Ye Lu. Fresnel Lens Solar Concentrator Design and Spectral Distribution on Focus Surface. Optics review. 2011. № 18. P. 398-402.
7. R. Leutz,A. Suzuki, Nonimaging Fresnel Lenses: Design and Performance of Solar Concentrators, Springer, Berlin (Heidelberg/New York), 2001.
8. ASTM, Standard Tables for Reference Solar Spectral Irradiances: Direct Normal and Hemispherical on 37° Tilted Surface, Book of Standards. Vol. 14.04. ASTM G173-03el. 2003.
9. Fresnel Technologies, Inc., Fresnel Lenses (www.fresneltech.com/pdf/ Fresnel Lenses.pdf), Retrieved on 2008/10/15.
10. Naichia Yeh, optical geometry approach for elliptical Fresnel lens design and chromatic aberration. Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells. 2009.
11. T. Saiki, S. Motokoshi, K. Imasaki, M. Nakatsuk, C. Yamanaka, K. Fujioka, H. Fujita. Two-pass amplification of CW laser by Nd/Cr:YAG ceramic Active mirror under lamp light pumping, optics communications. 2009(282) 936-939.