© 2015 Gaurav Sinha*; Ravindra Kumar Yadav**
* J.R.E. School of Engineering, Greater Noida, UP, India
** J.R.E. School of Engineering, Greater Noida, UP, India
Е-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Present work aims at the characterization of antireflection coating (ARC) films in the visible spectrum, up to five layers antireflection coating film was designed and simulated, optical reflection values were deduced with a Transfer Matrix Method formulation (TMM). Six materials including nanoporous material have been selected to investigate the optimum values of the ARC film for solar cells. The present work has been carried out to investigate the optimum values of reflectance as a function of wavelength in the visible region. The reflectance has been reduced from 32% of silicon surface to less than 1% using multilayer ARC film. It has been observed that by increasing the number of layers the average reflectance decreases over a broad range of visible spectrum.
Keyword: antireflection coating (ARC), reflectance, Transfer Matrix Method, double layer, three layer, four layer, five layer, solar cells.
OCIS codes: 250.0250, 140.0140, 160.0160, 230.0230
1. Berning P.H. Theory and calculation of optical thin films. N.Y.: Academic Press, 1963. V. 1. 69 p.
2. Dobrowolski J.A. Optical properties of films and coatings // Handbook of Optics. Ed. by McGraw Hill, 1995. P. 42.19–42.34.
3. Kumar B., Mouusi A., Chikouche A., Ruiz J.M. Design and simulation of antireflection coating systems for optoelectronic devices: Application to silicon solar cells // Solar energy materials and solar cells. 1998. P. 79–93.
4. Kumar B., Baskara P.T., Sreekiran E., Srinivasmohan N. Benefit of dual layer silicon nitride anti-reflection coating // 31st IEEE Xplore Photovoltaic Specialist Conference (PVSC). 2005. P. 1205–1208.
5. Macleod H.A. Thin-film optical filters. N.Y.: McGraw-Hill 3rd, 2001. P. 110–130.
6. Mussett A., Thelen A. Multilayer antireflection coatings in Progress // Optics. North Holland: ed. By Wolf E., 1970. V. 8. P. 203–237.
7. Schallenberg U. Design principles for broadband AR coatings // Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers. 2008. P. 710103-1–710103-8.
8. Thelen A. Triple layer anti-reflection coatings on glass for the visible and near infrared // Journal of the Optical Society of America. 1962. P. 965–968.
9. Wright D.N., Erik S.M., Arve H. Double layer anti-reflecting coatings for silicon solar cells // 31st IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC). 2005. P. 1237–1240.
10. Schubert E.F. Omnidirectional reflector using nanoporous SiO2 as a low refractive index material // Optics letters. 2005. P. 1518–1520.
Полный текст >>>